Saturday, June 6, 2015
Q4 #3
WOW. We're almost done with 10th grade. I will have to say that i'm scared to death of starting IB, but at the same time i'm really excited. It like when you slowly reach the top of a rollercoaster knowing the impending doom, but the fall is really invigorating. This year I believe I have been well prepared to face IB. With all the projects and new tests, I've learned to manage my time the best I have ever in my life. If I were to give any advice to incoming sophomores, I would say to enjoy the ride of pain that you get. It is totally worth the exciement and satisfaction at the end. This year I have changed a lot as a person. It has gotten me to realize that there are important things that I value more than school, and it is happiness. Doing all this work has truly been a pain, but I have never been happier or ever been able to have such valued friends as I do today. Overall, I am really excited for IB to start. So let the ride begin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This year has definitely been something else. I don't know whether to laugh or cringe at the amount of TV shows I've binge-watched when I should have done my homework. But overall, it was completely worth it. There's a lot I would change about this year if I had the opportunity, but that isn't something I would change :) Now to mentally prepare myself for IB......
ReplyDeleteFatima! I cannot believe 10th grade is already done either! There have been many ups and downs during the experience but I actually am really thankful for everything that has happened this year. Now, I am going to have to focus on 11th grade. Hopefully, everything will go well for all of us!
ReplyDeleteFatima, we are in the same boat. Im terrified of IB as well. I have heard many horror stories and watching "the horrors of IB" or "things IB students say" videos on youtube certainly does not help. However, I am excited as well. I have not taken bio for a whole years and am looking forward to that class next year. Also, I am excited to be able to say I am an IB student and work towards getting my diploma.
ReplyDeleteThe Juniors are definitely making me excited for Junior year.... not. They've all told me it's really stressful and horrible and repetitive and blah-de-blah-de-blah. Honestly, I'm not really sure what to expect. I'm already in Math SL, so I've got some experience with IB there, and I'm pretty much in IB Spanish SL already, so I feel like I'm already kind of used to this, but that's why I'm even more terrified. I have a feeling I could just be completely blindsided. Overall, I think I'm just going to wait and find out. There's no use fretting over it now. Might as well just hang on and enjoy the ride when I can and close my eyes and get through the scary prats when I have to.
ReplyDeleteI definitely agree with you. This year has been very eventful, both academically and everything else. There's been a lot of learning and many different experiences that we had to go through in our sophomore year. But the real challenge is the next year. The IB will be much more work compared to this year, and it will be interesting to see how it goes.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with the fact that IB is going to start. At the same time, however, I feel that it is not going to be super difficult if we know how to manage our time well. I felt that these past 2 years have been great preparation for the real deal next year. Yet, a part of me is excited that we can start a program that so many students tend to complain about. As you said, life is like a rollercoaster. I just hope we finish the ride strong!
ReplyDelete